KPARC General Members Meeting Minutes
Monday, July 8, 2019
The KPARC Membership Meeting was called to order at 2:00 PM on Monday, July 8, 2019, in the Ripple Room in the Kings Point North Clubhouse. Vice President Richard Hudson/KM4DDD officiated and led the group in the Pledge of Allegiance.
The Club abstained from having the KPARC Meeting Minutes from the meeting of 10 June 2019 read. The meeting minutes are posted on the web site and available for anyone to peruse at their leisure. The minutes are also available in the club room. No changes to the meeting minutes were recommended and they stand as written.
- Doug Gatchell/K4DGG presented the financial report for the month ending June 30, 2019
- The ending balance was stated as being $2859.32
- Income of $315.00
- Expenses of $743.91
- 92 Members
- Dick/W4NWD Gave the schedule for the renovations to the radio club room.
- Packing and moving 13 July, 2019
- Reassembly after estimated completion 20 July, 2019
- Redo antenna cables, possibly running the cable in ceiling, or conduit. Existing cable is 15 years old.
- Martin/KB1MJ Informed membership of the availability of club apparel.
- Shirts and Hats, Option of having any shirt engraved with logo and call sign.
- Forms to order are on line.
- Doug/K4DGG Informed the membership about possibly forming a Communication Committee. The purpose would be to plan for Emergencies considering the resources and membership of KPARC. Emergencies might include: fires, disasters, terrorism, hurricanes, floods, etc. The committee should consider resorces (fiscal, personnel, community), needs and preferences. An invitation will be sent to the members to get those who want to be involved on the committee.
- Ken Watts/WA4NSV liaison ARES/RACES, thanked the club for participating and doing a good job in the hurricane preparedness Drill. He is looking for staffing shelters and needs more volunteers.
- Doug/K4DGG asked what qualifications are required to be a shelter manager.
- A ham license is required for level I
- ICS 100, 200, 700 and 800 are required for level II. ICS (Incident Command System) testing and courses are on line.
- Level III was also mentioned, but not discussed.
- Doug/K4DGG, reviewed test questions from section 3b from the tech exam. T3B
- Dick/W4NWD, showed a video clip: Amateur Extra Lesson 10.1, Topics in HF Propagation Dick also demonstrated the use of www.dxmaps.com
- Gate passes for non-KP members were available to facilitate entry to the KP property. A list is at the gate of club members.
15 members and one guest attended the meeting. The meeting adjourned at 3:25 PM. The next KPARC meeting is scheduled for Monday, August 12, 2019 at 2:00 PM in the Ripple Room.
Interim KPARC Secretary